The Gitksan Wet’suwet’en Education Society’s Science Access Program provides prospective health education students with the pre-requisites they will require to enter the post-secondary health and science field of study (Nursing, Medicine, Bachelor of Science). Applicants to this program generally complete the program in one calendar year and may be eligible to register for the Adult Dogwood Diploma Program concurrently, if they complete a total of six eligible courses.
Students must be:
- 18 Years of Age
Program Outline 2014-2015:
The following is a list of courses scheduled for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Term 1 (September to December)
BIOL 050 General Biology
*CHEM 050 Advanced Chemistry
MATH 050 Introduction to Algebra
Term 2 (January to June)
BIOL 060 Provincial Level Biology
ENGL 060 Literature & Composition
MATH 051 Advanced Algebra
*Chemistry is not a requirement of all health and science programs.
- A textbook deposit is required for all courses (refunded when textbooks are returned in good condition).
- Graduation Fees (students who also complete the Adult Dogwood Diploma Program requirements)
APPLICATION / ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Completed application package
- Recent official transcripts
- Copy of your BC Medical Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of your status card (if applicable)
- CAT-4 Test Results (ALL new students must write the CAT-4 Test prior to being admitted to the program)
[button link=”http://gwes.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Science-Access-Program-2014.pdf” size=”large”]Download Program Info[/button]
[button link=”http://gwes.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Science-Access-Application-for-Admission.doc” size=”large”]Download Program Application[/button]
[fblike send=”true” show_faces=”true” action=”like”]