START DATE: To be determined upon Agreement
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Education Degree; working towards a Masters Degree required
- Must hold a British Columbia Teacher Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB)
- Responsible for the overall administration and operation of the school in a manner consistent with local policies and priorities.
- Oversees the implementation of school educational programs and the development of the School plan.
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies; with consultation, able to devise, design and implement new academic programs and refine and promote existing ones
- Promote accreditation
- Creative and critical thinker: excellent analytical ability including seeking innovative solutions to problems and exercise independent judgement and action in performance in all duties.
- Promote community awareness and involvement in new and existing educational programs; work with community education coordinators to promote student success
- Create a pool of qualified potential college level instructors
- Promote cultural teachings through a number of methods including creating a pool of community experts: oral historians, experts in hunting, trapping, traditional medicine, spirituality, feasts, etc.
- Promote research and writing of texts for use in high school and college classes
- Complete and submit grant applications and reports as necessary
- Interpret policies, regulations and procedures and develop recommendations
- Promote involvement of student’s family and community in their success
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check & Review
The Gitksan Wet’suwet’en Education Society (GWES) is a multi-faceted non-profit organization that provides both high school and post-secondary education opportunities. GWES’s mandate and scope of activities addresses education, cultural programming, employment, legal services, community prevention and intervention services. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who possesses exemplary interpersonal skills, a record of improving measurable student success and a strong work ethic. Your organizational ability allows you to effectively manage your time, prioritize demand and juggle administrative tasks.
Applicants must submit: Resume, Cover Letter, Statement of Educational Philosophy and Three References Deadline to Apply: Monday December 3, 2018 at 12 pm
Applications can be completed in person, by email or by fax
Gitxsan Wet’suwet’en Education Society
4125 River Road | PO Box 418
Hazelton, BC| V0J 1Y0
Fax: (250) 842-2219